The iPhone 14 release has been anything else however clean. The Apple Retailer On-line and Apple Retailer are each going via some main problems this morning, resulting in server mistakes, trade-in disasters, double orders, and a lot more. On the similar time, supply estimates for lots of iPhone 14 fashions have already slipped into mid-October…
As is custom, the Apple Retailer app and Apple On-line Retailer each went offline in a single day as Apple ready for iPhone 14 pre-orders. Each choices had been scheduled to return again on-line at 5 a.m. PT/8 a.m. ET. For some other folks, each got here again on-line proper on time, whilst others had been caught ready. By the point a few of us were given into the Apple Retailer On-line or Apple Retailer app, pre-order delivery occasions had been already behind schedule till past due September for lots of configurations.
However that’s handiest the start. The checkout procedure has been some distance from dependable lately, with many iPhone 14 patrons taking to Twitter to whinge of main mistakes within the Apple Retailer app and at the Apple website online. Many 9to5Mac staffers have additionally had an identical issues, together with yours really.
A recap of one of the issues:
- Apple Retailer checkout procedure throwing up error messages
- Apple trade-in options giving error messages
- The Apple Retailer On-line website online redirects to “Web page Now not Discovered”
- Apple Retailer app: “Can not hook up with the Apple Retailer. You will have to hook up with the Web to get right of entry to the Apple Retailer.”
- Provider approvals by way of the Apple Retailer don’t seem to be processing accurately and appearing error messages.
- Some customers are seeing supply estimates driven again after hanging their order, in spite of being instructed they’d get it on release day.
- Some customers finally end up with a couple of orders since the Apple Retailer says the order failed, nevertheless it was once in reality finished.
Unsurprisingly, most of the carriers are experiencing an identical problems. The T-Cellular ordering procedure has been totally down since pre-orders started, whilst the AT&T and Verizon internet sites have additionally been glitchy.
Those Apple Retailer system faults haven’t affected everybody, and there are a variety of people that were given via in an instant and finished their iPhone 14 pre-order with out problems. That’s the wonderful thing about the web.
Amid all of those issues, iPhone 14 provide is already dwindling. Virtually each and every iPhone 14 Professional and iPhone 14 Professional Max configuration is now back-ordered till October. The brand new area black colour appears to be the preferred as it’s significantly extra provide constrained than the others.
The usual iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus don’t seem to be dealing with provide constraints to the level of the Professional fashions. An analyst this morning mentioned that Apple is anticipating the early iPhone 14 pre-orders to be ruled by way of the “Professional” fashions, which might account for up to 85% of orders.
Had been you ready to effectively order an iPhone 14 this morning? What supply date did you get? Tell us down within the feedback.
FTC: We use source of revenue incomes auto associate hyperlinks. Extra.