We had some beautiful important accidents Sunday, and the most important one got here within the ultimate recreation. Dak Prescott suffered a thumb damage that may require surgical procedure, with Cowboys proprietor Jerry Jones telling newshounds after the staff’s already dispiriting loss to the Buccaneers, “It is a important damage,” and one this is anticipated to value Prescott 6-8 weeks, in step with ESPN.
Some accidents require us to bet what the have an effect on goes to be, however in relation to Prescott lacking time, we all know what that appears like, for the reason that Cowboys offense collapsed with out him in 2020. They went from averaging 32.6 issues to 21.1 with out Prescott, and the passing recreation particularly suffered — they averaged over 300 yards according to recreation with Prescott to only 241.3 with out him. The combo of Andy Dalton, Ben DiNucci and Garrett Gilbert simply wasn’t just right sufficient to stay issues shifting, particularly with the Cowboys line suffering with accidents as smartly.
Neatly … the Cowboys line may be suffering with accidents this season, they usually may just slightly transfer the ball with Prescott wholesome Sunday, so it is truthful to mention it is a large deal. I am not announcing this offense for sure cannot be just right with out Prescott, however I am skeptical that Cooper Rush — a 28-year-old with one profession get started underneath his belt — goes to be just right sufficient to stay issues rolling whilst Prescott is out. The query at this level is not, “Is Dallas’ offense going to battle with out Prescott?” The query is, “Can Prescott get again from his damage with sufficient time to avoid wasting their season?”
I do not believe I am being too dramatic right here. The ones are the stakes for a staff as top-heavy because the Cowboys, and despite the fact that they use their cap house to move get a greater backup, it is most probably going to be anyone new to the device who must rise up to hurry temporarily. Within the aftermath of this damage, it is extremely exhausting to be thinking about Ezekiel Elliott and CeeDee Lamb, who’s actually going to battle to are living as much as that top-20 pick out you most likely paid to draft him. No less than for the following couple of months.
That is a difficult, difficult ruin for the Cowboys and Myth gamers, and it wasn’t the one damage we are tracking pop out of Sunday’s video games., and we are hoping to get some updates at the likes of Najee Harris and Elijah Mitchell as of late or day after today — sooner than waivers run Tuesday night time, at least. Harris and Mitchell’s doable absences determine to dominate the waiver-wire for Week 2, and Sunday as smartly, with Harris’ operating again Jaylen Warren main the way in which for me.
We will have extra within the coming days on those large accidents and no matter else comes out sooner than Week 2, however sooner than we transfer on for just right, have a look again at Week 1 with my recaps for each recreation Sunday. I have were given the most important winners and losers for each and every recreation from a Myth viewpoint, plus some notes you could have neglected if you were not observing the sport.
Here is what you wish to have to understand from each recreation the day gone by.
Week 1 recap
Listed below are all the accidents you wish to have to find out about, plus one winner, one loser, and yet one more factor to find out about each recreation.
Bears 19-49ers 10
- Accidents: Elijah Mitchell left with a knee damage. Given his historical past (together with offseason knee surgical procedure), that is an glaring worry. Jeff Wilson will probably be one of the vital key objectives on waivers heading into Week 2, with Jordan Mason most probably forward of Tyrion Davis-Worth within the precedence listing seeing as he used to be lively this week and Davis-Worth wasn’t.
- Winner: Deebo Samuel. It is exhausting to take too many positives from this recreation, given how sloppily it used to be performed, however Samuel’s position used to be a undeniable certain. He used to be there within the backfield, getting 8 carries for 52 yards, and the 49ers were not afraid to return to him even after an early fumble. He used to be nonetheless getting alternatives within the Inexperienced Zone particularly, and that ended in a landing. I believe a lot more assured in Samuel returning early-round price after seeing that, particularly with a 29% goal percentage. I will give Trey Lance a mulligan for his inaccuracy given the prerequisites, so Samuel getting 8 objectives to Brandon Aiyuk’s two is a superb signal.
- Loser: David Bernard Law Montgomery. I do not wish to overstate how relating to this used to be for Bernard Law Montgomery – you’ll be able to take 17 carries and 4 objectives from him each week. Then again, Khalil Herbert used to be fairly spectacular in serving to ice the sport, selecting up 21 yards on 5 directly carries at the staff’s penultimate power, ranging from the 49ers 21-yard line. Bernard Law Montgomery out-snapped Herbert 37-16, together with a 16-4 edge in routes run, so, once more, Bernard Law Montgomery’s position used to be nonetheless beautiful just right. However Herbert used to be more practical Sunday, and I do fear about him proceeding to chop into Bernard Law Montgomery’s alternatives if that continues.
- Yet another factor: It is price repeating, once more, that the elements in Chicago used to be simply terrible. The 2 quarterbacks finished simply 21 of 45 passes, and Lance particularly left a large number of alternatives at the box. You’ll be able to give him a mulligan for this week, and his 13 carries display there’s nonetheless an excessively Myth-friendly ability set right here. However he will for sure want to be higher shifting ahead for this offense to are living as much as its doable. And he will have alternatives.
- Accidents: Damien Williams (ribs) left the sport early and not returned. Avery Williams used to be the one operating again but even so Cordarrelle Patterson to get a marginally – he had 3.
- Winner: Cordarrelle Patterson. Honorable point out to Michael Thomas, who ruled within the fourth quarter with 53 yards on 4 catches, with two touchdowns. He is again. However I’ll name Patterson the most important winner from this recreation, and I am completely kicking myself for no longer drafting him extra. The Falcons talked so much about desiring to restrict Patterson’s workload to stay him recent after he pale in the second one half of of closing season, however he had 120 yards on 22 carries with a landing and added 3 catches for 16 yards on 5 objectives on this one, enjoying 63% of the snaps. Williams’ damage clearly performed a job, but when the Falcons do not believe any in their backups, Patterson is most likely going to be beautiful treasured all over again this season. No longer this treasured, however I am viewing him as an RB2 at this level, all over again. With a bit of luck, he can steer clear of getting worn down like he did closing season.
- Loser: Alvin Kamara. Kamara ran the ball 9 instances for 39 yards and added simply 3 catches for 7 yards, with an 11.8% goal percentage that simply is not going to get the process performed. Jameis Winston focused Kamara on 21% of his throws closing season, however that used to be with out a Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, or Chris Olave, who mixed for 20 of Winston’s 34 throws. I am not writing Kamara off – this offense is healthier than the only he used to be caught with closing season – however this used to be a priority given the greater festival. 19 routes run on 40 go performs is particularly relating to.
- Yet another factor: I might like to look at Kyle Pitts’ routes from this one to peer how frequently he used to be matched up towards Marshon Lattimore – that man has made a addiction of erasing large, bodily receivers like Mike Evans in his matchups previously. Perhaps that explains Pitts’ two-catch efficiency. He nonetheless tied with rookie Drake London for a team-high 21% goal percentage, and whilst that is a bit at the low finish, it is not so low as to be relating to. Chalk it as much as a nasty matchup, one Pitts struggled with closing season, too.
- Accidents: Najee Harris (foot) left the sport early and used to be noticed in a strolling boot after the sport. Harris additionally neglected time in camp with a foot damage, so whilst post-game stories indicated the damage used to be “no longer regarded as a large deal,” I will simply quote what I wrote in closing night time’s publication: “‘no longer regarded as a large deal’ may just nonetheless imply a multi-week absence if ‘a large deal’ had been to be interpreted as a season-ending damage.” I am viewing Jaylen Warren as the highest waiver-wire goal for Week 2, and he performed each snap after Harris left the sport … Tee Higgins (concussion) used to be additionally pressured from the sport early. He’s going to must transparent the concussion protocol to be cleared for Week 2, so watch his standing all the way through the week.
- Winner: Ja’Marr Chase. 10 catches, 129 yards, 16 objectives. He performed each unmarried snap – all 94 of them, and used to be obviously the most efficient participant at the box. Perhaps he will get a couple of objectives fewer if Higgins is wholesome, however Chase used to be simply unstoppable. And he will have had a couple of landing – he most likely were given into the tip zone on one play the place he used to be referred to as out on the 1 and the Bengals most likely value themselves the sport through no longer difficult the decision as they ended up turning the ball over on downs.
- Loser: Najee Harris. Even past the damage, this recreation will have to have arrange completely for Harris, because the Bengals could not forestall turning the ball over and the Steelers held a 17-6 lead at halftime. Then again, Harris had simply 10 carries and two objectives, because the Steelers offense seemed terrible within the first recreation of the post-Ben Roethlisberger technology. They deserve extra time than only one week to pass judgement on, however it used to be no longer a promising get started for Harris, who has the damage worry on peak of that. No longer excellent.
- Yet another factor: The Steelers restricted Johnson’s reps coming off his shoulder damage, however that most commonly got here on passing downs, as he nonetheless ran a direction on 38 of 41 go performs. And he earned a whopping 32% goal percentage. And his reasonable intensity of goal used to be 9.6 yards down the sector, upper than any of his 3 earlier seasons, according to TruMedia. This used to be an excessively promising get started, despite the fact that the seven-catch, 55-yard line obscures it quite.
- Winner: Miles Sanders. I kinda wish to simply put all the Eagles offense right here, as a result of that went about in addition to you might be able to have was hoping. A.J. Brown had 10 catches for 155 yards on a 41% goal percentage with a whopping 70%-plus percentage of the staff’s air yards. Additionally they ran the ball in all places the Lions, with 4 gamers discovering the tip zone, regardless that it is notable that Sanders used to be in truth one in every of them! In truth, he had 3 carries from within the 5-yard line on this recreation; he had simply 5 all of closing season. He is nonetheless in an excessively crowded backfield, with a QB who will continuously take goal-line touches away – fairly actually, in relation to the ones read-option performs – however this used to be a promising get started for Sanders.
- Loser: Devonta Smith. The Eagles threw the ball 32 instances, however Brown used to be the one participant with greater than 4. Smith’s 4 objectives changed into 0 catches. He nonetheless ran each direction, so I do not wish to panic, however enjoying subsequent to a goal hog like Brown will make existence very tricky for Smith, regardless of his personal abilities.
- Yet another factor: I guess I will have to say one thing in regards to the Lions right here. D’Andre Swift gave the impression of a famous person, and regardless of splitting carries with Jamaal Williams, 15-11, he used to be nonetheless closely concerned within the passing recreation, operating 25 routes. He additionally got here up a backyard wanting a landing, which Williams changed into his moment of the day. It used to be a large recreation that will have been even larger for Swift, regardless of trailing principally all the recreation. He is a stud.
- Winner: Tyreek Hill. Hill were given the WR1 remedy from his new staff, with a 36% goal percentage. There have been possibly one or two performs the place Tua Tagovailoa’s arm power most likely value Hill one thing, but when the Dolphins are going to characteristic him this a lot, it may not subject a lot. And it is not like Hill used to be the WR1 through default; Jaylen Waddle ran a direction on 28 of 37 go performs, in comparison to 31 for Hill, regardless of his preseason leg damage. The ones had been the one two gamers to run a direction on greater than 21 go performs, so this can be a very concentrated passing recreation, which will have to proceed to profit Hill.
- Loser: That is every other one the place I am vulnerable to pick out a whole unit, this time the Patriots offense. Mac Jones were given beat up and had an X-ray taken on his again after the sport, whilst the operating recreation produced simply 78 yards on 22 carries. Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson cut up carries and objectives principally lightly, and seeing as this seems like a sexy mediocre offense, that isn’t a just right signal. No operating again ran greater than 13 routes, and Ty Bernard Law Montgomery had 4 of 9 objectives between them. We did not be expecting a lot from the receivers on this offense, however the backfield cut up seems like a headache, one who might not be price being concerned about when everyone seems to be wholesome.
- Yet another factor: Chase Edmonds had 16 touches and used to be 3rd at the staff in routes run, so he seems like the transparent lead again right here. Raheem Mostert may just problem for extra carries – neither ran the ball successfully on this one – however Edmonds’ passing recreation position is effective sufficient to cement him as a rock-solid RB2 shifting ahead.
- Winner: Lamar Jackson. This used to be a type of video games the place Jackson performed much better than his Myth line leads you to imagine. He did not do a lot as a rusher (six carries, 17 yards), or even his passing field ranking is not extraordinarily spectacular; 213 yards on 30 makes an attempt, with 3 touchdowns and one interception. Then again, the touchdowns had been all on throws of no less than 15-plus air yards, together with a 55-yarder to new No. 1 WR Rashod Bateman. Jackson wasn’t best possible, particularly early on, however used to be greater than just right sufficient.
- Loser: Elijah Moore. Joe Flacco neglected a few early alternatives with Moore, and he by no means actually were given going from there. It is a bit relating to that each Garrett Wilson and Corey Davis out-targeted Moore, however Moore ran 55 routes on 62 go makes an attempt, in comparison to 42 for Davis and 35 for Wilson. I am nonetheless viewing Moore because the Jets No. 1, and a most probably No. 2 WR for Myth, however I am for sure frightened about Flacco dragging this offense down.
- Yet another factor: The Jets operating backs each in truth had just right video games for Myth – 100 general yards, seven catches, 17 PPR issues for Michael Carter, 61 yards, six catches, 12.1 PPR issues for Breece Corridor – however I could not in just right moral sense listing them a few of the winners, as a result of this used to be such an odd recreation. The Jets may not be throwing just about 60 instances shifting ahead, they usually may not be going through a protection enjoying smooth protection with a large lead each week. (K, possibly the “huge lead” phase…). It used to be just right to peer them produce, however Corridor particularly used to be generating in rubbish time. Carter used to be the RB1, however Corridor performed sufficient (46% snap percentage) that it is most probably neither will probably be greater than an RB3 maximum weeks. Although, Flacco being in the market and throwing 30% of his passing to operating backs may not be a nasty factor for his or her price so long as he is beginning.
Commanders 28, Jaguars 22
- Winner: James Robinson. An honorable point out to Curtis Samuel, who used to be the do-everything system man I was hoping he can be, however how may just we no longer have a good time what Robinson did right here? In his first recreation again from a ruptured Achilles, Robinson used to be unbelievable, main the staff in carries (11) and speeding yards (66), with two touchdowns, together with one within the receiving recreation. He diminished Travis Etienne to a footnote in his first common season recreation, and he drew even in snaps. Robinson used to be the main rusher or even had an important position within the passing recreation, and whilst I am nonetheless skeptical that he will be capable to give a contribution coming off that exact damage, he seemed nice and had sufficient of a job that it’s a must to believe him within the top-40 combine at RB shifting ahead. For what it is price, Etienne didn’t lend a hand himself with a nasty drop on what will have to were a walk-in landing.
- Loser: Terry McLaurin. McLaurin ran a complete supplement of routes, however used to be focused simply 4 instances, fewer than Antonio Gibson, Curtis Samuel, Logan Thomas, and Jahan Dotson. He used to be 3rd a few of the staff’s huge receivers in objectives, and if it wasn’t for one lengthy landing, there’d be an terrible lot of shock about McLaurin at this time. I am nonetheless anticipating him to be the No. 1, however Dotson and a wholesome Samuel are obviously extra festival than he is had ever sooner than, and it might make him extra of a boom-or-bust WR3.
- Yet another factor: For all of the consternation about him within the preseason, this truthfully would possibly were essentially the most promising efficiency of Gibson’s profession. He ran the ball rather smartly – 58 yards on 14 carries, and, fortunately, no fumbles – however it used to be his paintings within the passing recreation that actually inspired. The previous huge receiver used to be in truth used like one, main all non-WR at the staff in routes run with 26, 9 greater than J.D. McKissic, the nominal passing downs again. And Gibson earned a couple of downfield objectives, along with his moment recreation ever with greater than 20 air yards on objectives. The Commanders mentioned in need of to provide him extra alternatives with the ball in house, and his utilization within the passing recreation in Week 1 used to be extremely encouraging. Gibson may well be a top-15 RB so long as Brian Robinson is out, and despite the fact that Robinson comes again to a rushing-downs cut up, Gibson may just stay a viable RB2 if this assists in keeping up.
- Winner: Kareem Hunt. Hunt may not ranking two touchdowns each week, particularly when one in every of them got here from 24 years out. Then again, if he will get 11 carries and 4 objectives each week, Hunt goes to be a sexy treasured Myth possibility, even in a mediocre offense.
- Loser: Amari Cooper. I anticipated Cooper to battle with Jacoby Brissett, and that’s the reason precisely what took place. The Panthers unquestionably tilted their protection towards Cooper, which most likely is helping give an explanation for why Donovan Peoples-Jones had 11 objectives to Cooper’s six, however the larger worry is that Cooper produced simply 17 yards on the ones six objectives. It will be tough, and he is a perimeter WR3 with a low weekly ground on this offense.
- Yet another factor: Christian McCaffrey’s manufacturing – 33 yards on 10 carries, 24 yards on 4 catches – left so much to be desired, and the most unearthly factor in regards to the recreation used to be that his longest play of the sport did not depend. He rushed for 28 yards on one second-half play … however it used to be technically a fumble restoration as Baker Mayfield could not take care of the snap. That used to be a ordinary factor they will want to determine as a result of this Panthers offense used to be too sloppy to win towards groups that may in truth transfer the ball.
- Winner: Michael Pittman. The Colts added second-rounder Alec Pierce within the draft, however for no less than one week, they nonetheless had to lean closely on Pittman. In a recreation the place Matt Ryan threw 50 instances, Pittman had a 26% goal percentage, turning his 13 objectives into 9 catches for 121 yards and a landing. He certain seems like he’ll have a large season, and expectantly Ryan brings extra consistency to the passing recreation than Carson Wentz did.
- Loser: Dameon Pierce. I used to be a Pierce skeptic, or even I am shocked at what a restricted position he performed. Rex Burkhead had the passing recreation paintings (8 objectives to only one for Pierce), as anticipated, however Burkhead used to be additionally the main runner, with 14 carries for 40 yards in comparison to 11 for 33 for Pierce. In case you are on the lookout for a explanation why to be constructive, it is that Burkhead stays a caretaker, anyone faithful sufficient to not make errors, however no longer anyone who will ever make many performs. Pierce simply must make performs, and that are supposed to earn him a larger position when he does. Then again, when you had been anticipating a three-down workhorse in Week 1, you obviously set your points of interest too excessive.
- Yet another factor: The Colts will have to have received this recreation. That roughly is going with out announcing, however they actually blew this one. Alec Pierce had two finish zone objectives, one in every of which he flat out dropped; additionally they had balls on consecutive performs batted clear of Michael Pittman and Ashton Dulin in any case zone. Upload in a extraordinary Wildcat formation play on fourth and target they usually merely blew too many alternatives.
- Winner: Saquon Barkley. Barkley had only one play of greater than 50 yards between 2020 and 2021, after having 13 between his first two seasons. So, when you had been hoping he used to be again to being himself, his 68-yard run on this one used to be an excellent signal. As used to be the large 33% goal percentage. This offense remains to be held again through Daniel Jones, who had some dangerous throws within the pink zone – together with a horrible pick out concentrated on Barkley in any case zone – however they discovered techniques to get Barkley the ball with room to make performs, and he made them. He would possibly simply be an elite Myth possibility once more.
- Loser: Kadarius Toney. The Giants training workforce has it appears no longer been pleased with Toney’s paintings in follow, and he used to be a non-factor on this one – he performed seven snaps general. I nonetheless suppose he is through a ways – through a ways – the most efficient participant on this receiving corps, however he obviously has paintings to do to earn a job. With a bit of luck he places the paintings in, however there is no means you’ll use him at this time. I might desire to not drop him, no less than. Honorable point out to Robert Woods, who used to be focused simply two instances. He led Titans WRs in snaps and routes run, however it used to be an actual rotation. It used to be Woods’ first recreation again from a torn ACL, so we’re going to give him the good thing about the doubt that his position will develop, however this used to be a disappointing get started.
- Yet another factor: Talking of gamers whose position will develop, Treylon Burks used to be fourth amongst Titans WR in routes run at 13, however he used to be focused on 5 of the ones routes, together with as soon as in any case zone. Burks has room to develop, and he is a just right wager to peer a larger position shifting ahead. Purchase now sooner than the breakout comes.
- Winner: AJ Dillon. The Packers had been trailing principally all the recreation, so it is exhausting to understand what the sport plan used to be. Then again, Dillon were given 10 carries to only 5 for Aaron Jones, and he had six objectives to Jones’ 5, in addition. As anticipated, each seem like they will be used sufficient to be price beginning in Myth, however no less than for one week, Dillon used to be the lead again – regardless that Jones did play six extra snaps than Dillon, for what it is price.
- Loser: Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers certain gave the impression of anyone who did not essentially believe his receivers on this one – it felt like he used to be maintaining the ball a half-second too lengthy on the ones play motion performs, as though he wasn’t certain his receivers can be the place he wanted them to be. That would possibly simply be projecting our personal issues onto Rodgers, however there is no denying his manufacturing left so much to be desired, too. No less than for this week, he appeared to leave out Davante Adams.
- Yet another factor: You do not drop Aaron Rodgers’ passes. He publicly chastised the younger huge receivers at the roster all over coaching camp for shedding passes, and Christian Watson dropped a large one early on this recreation. Watson used to be open on what would were a 75-yard landing, and he simply dropped it. The excellent news is, Watson did lead the Packers wideouts in routes run with 29, regardless that Sammy Watkins, Randall Cobb, and Romeo Doubs all ran no less than 25, so it used to be for sure a rotation. Watson will want to make the most of his alternatives if he’ll emerge. The skill is there.
- Winner: Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Isiah Pacheco will draw headlines for main the Chiefs in carries and yards whilst scoring a speeding landing, however that most commonly got here in rubbish time. Edwards-Helaire had two early touchdowns, and essentially the most fascinating factor is that they got here 1) close to the target line, and a pair of) on go performs. Edwards-Helaire performed 18 of 40 first-half snaps and used to be principally performed mid-way throughout the 3rd quarter because the Chiefs ran away with it. He is nonetheless in a timeshare, however do not let the field ranking idiot you – CEH used to be the lead again right here.
- Loser: Skyy Moore. Moore nonetheless has an opportunity to emerge as a viable Myth possibility in the end, however it is transparent it’ll require some endurance with the second-rounder. He performed simply six of 40 first-half snaps, fewer than 4 different huge receivers, two operating backs, and 3 tight ends. In case you are on the lookout for early-season contributions, Moore is not going to provide it to you.
- Yet another factor: JuJu Smith-Schuster’s line – six catches for 79 yards on 8 objectives (moment at the staff) – appears just right sufficient, however it is even higher while you understand he actually did not do the rest in the second one half of. He performed simply 11 of 26 snaps in that moment half of, however used to be beautiful obviously the highest huge receiver sooner than the sport were given out of hand.
- Accidents: Keenan Allen (hamstring) left the sport sooner than halftime and did not go back. He stated later on there’s a probability he may just play in Week 2, however for the reason that Chargers play Thursday, I am not anticipating him to play. Josh Palmer had 17 PPR issues in a single recreation with out Allen closing season and can be within the WR3/4 dialogue if Allen is sidelined.
- Winner: Davante Adams. My Week 1 Daring Prediction at the Myth Soccer in 5 podcast used to be that Adams would lead the league in objectives in Week 1, and his 17 objectives are essentially the most through any participant heading into Week 1. He grew to become the ones 17 objectives into 10 catches for 141 yards and a landing and seemed each bit the a part of an elite Myth WR, regardless of the QB downgrade from Rodgers to Derek Carr. He may not be focused on 46% of the Raiders’ throws each week, however he’ll stay a goal hog, as a result of … smartly, he is all the time open. I believe superb about preserving Adams as my No. 3 WR all the way through the draft procedure, and I be expecting him to be as just right as with reference to someone in the market. That is who he’s.
- Loser: Mike Williams. Williams performed his standard allotment of snaps, alternatively, with Allen leaving sooner than halftime, Williams could not step up, completing with simply two catches for 10 yards. The Chargers unfold the ball round to a virtually absurd level, with seven gamers combining to guide the staff with 4 objectives. Williams’ downfield-oriented position results in some of these down performances, however given his inconsistent monitor document, popping out like this in Week 1 is all the time going to result in extra consternation than maximum gamers. I am not too frightened, but when he struggles with out Allen in Week 2, it is going to be exhausting to forget about or write off.
- Yet another factor: In Josh McDaniels’ first recreation because the Raiders head trainer, his operating backs mixed for simply 5 objectives on 37 passes. That is unexpected as a result of McDaniels’ Patriots nearly all the time leaned closely on their operating backs within the passing recreation. I believed Ameer Abdullah would make for a very good early-season sleeper in PPR leagues, however he cut up passing downs snaps with Brandon Bolden and Josh Jacobs, with Jacobs in truth main the way in which with 18 routes run. This used to be slightly of a messy backfield in Week 1, however no one but even so Jacobs were given sufficient run to believe a possible Myth contributor.
Buccaneers 19, Cowboys 3
- Accidents: Dak Prescott (thumb) banged his hand towards a Buccaneers defenders’ head after which were given stuck towards a go rusher’s hand afterward and needed to depart the sport. The Cowboys offense struggled sufficient with him wholesome, so I shudder to suppose what they might seem like if he needed to leave out a while … Chris Godwin (hamstring) used to be extra concerned early on than I anticipated him to be, however on one in every of his 3 receptions, he tweaked the hamstring. It could be simple to mention it is a results of Godwin making his debut with out taking touch all over follow coming off his torn ACL, however in truth, soft-tissue accidents are simply extra commonplace all over coaching camp and early all over the season. Let’s simply hope the Buccaneers dominated him out as a result of they had been up and did not wish to push it, however this indubitably makes it exhausting to believe you are able to depend on Godwin early this season.
- Winner: Julio Jones. Jones nonetheless gave the impression of a possible distinction maker on this offense, as he went into halftime with 69 yards on 3 catches plus two carries for 17 yards. He had only one incomplete goal in the second one half of because the Buccaneers determined to play it simple with their complete offense. Jones used to be moment a few of the staff’s huge receivers in snaps and routes run, and regardless that he performed simply 32 of 62 snaps general, that cut up used to be 22 out of 34, with a 78% direction percentage within the first half of. Godwin exited early and Russell Gage used to be getting back from a hamstring damage, so you have to see them each having a larger position shifting ahead. However Jones’ position appears beautiful strong, too.
- Loser: That is one we are giving to the entire Cowboys offense, and it is exhausting to peer how issues are going to recover with Prescott’s damage. The closing time Prescott neglected important time used to be in 2019. The Cowboys went 4-7 with out Prescott, with their non-Prescott quarterbacks combining for a three.8% landing fee and six.4 yards according to strive. We should not have a lot explanation why to suppose Cooper Rush goes to be significantly better – he performed smartly in a small pattern dimension closing season, however he is a 28-year-old with one get started underneath his belt, so my expectancies are low. We do not understand how lengthy Prescott goes to be out, however it’ll be exhausting for CeeDee Lamb to are living as much as that WR1 worth with out him. Brutal.
- Yet another factor: The Buccaneers had been weirdly useless within the pink zone, scoring simply as soon as on 3 journeys down there. Then again, it’s a must to be beautiful glad about Leonard Fournette shedding 15.7 PPR issues in a recreation the place he slightly performed in the second one half of and did not get any goal-line alternatives. This stays one of the vital treasured scenarios for any operating again, and Rachaad White seems like the transparent backup.